Thursday, October 20, 2016

Ouch!

After too much fun at the concert a couple of weeks ago we were waiting for our ride home and I tripped and fell. I tried to break my fall with my hands and..... bam! Ouch. I knew it was bad. I told Jeff I thought I really hurt it. We got home and went to bed and woke up Sunday morning and the pain was so bad. UGH! We went into acute care and didn't get very far.

While at the acute care I took a picture of the X-ray and shared it with a couple friends who are in the bone industry who told me I better get into a hand dr. I was seen on Thursday of last week and all was confirmed, I broke my radius bone in my right arm. Right arm, so annoying! 

The dr was questioning some ligament damage so I had to have an MRI, which was not fun... at all. I had to lay on my stomach on this machine and be wheeled in with my arm stretched out in front of me. The lady kept talking to me through my headphones telling me to hold still. I swear I was holding so still, but apparently even a twitch messes it up. I did have good results from the MRI- no surgery needed. 

I am set up with a splint and lots of help from my family for the next 6 weeks. 

I know Jeff will be so ready for this to be over as I am so not the best help right now. 

Live and Learn... and thankful it isn't worse. 

crack and break in the bone.

sweet girl brought me my ice pack and wrote a note for me
(I heart OMO)

my look.