Tuesday, August 23, 2016

transistions




As Anna starts kindergarten my life is starting a new transition.

I have been home raising my kids for over 8 years. 8 years is a long time. It is crazy to think how much we have accomplished in those 8 years. I (we) have raised two wonderful little humans from birth to school age. We had many ups and downs. We have gone through countless phases and stages of life. We have had playgroups, kindermusik, preschool, friends, Target, blow outs, dancing, camps, fighting, cribs, diapers, Mario Brothers, projectile vomiting, s'mores, crawling, biting, ER visits, playdates, walking, gymnastics, tubbies, dolls, running, hair pulling, toy reviews on youtube, dancing, singing, ABC's, sleep sacks, puddle jumping, sharing, toys, riding bikes without training wheels, cousins, legos, nighnee, tree climbing, Ninja Turtles, bandaids, skipping, cartwheels, bike rides, blankeys, meltdowns, traveling, ballet, rolling over, potty training, flips, parks, sleepless nights, cannonballs, Minecraft, nursing, strep throat, swimming, road trips, soccer, gymnastics, piggyback rides, the lake, Miss Jasper house, skiing, baseball, giggles, laughing, snuggles, love.... the list goes on and on.

I can't believe typing this that our preschool days are over. It doesn't seem real to me. I am so thankful for the time I had with my kids. I am just so thankful.

We are onto a new phase. I know my kids need me just as much now as they have the past years as we have new challenges to face and new reasons to celebrate. I am looking forward to this next chapter and can't wait to see how Isaac and Anna carve their way through this world.

I have a lot of questions in my head as to what I plan to do to fill my time while my kids are in school. Right now we are adjusting. I will continue to volunteer at school for Tuesday morning moms and I have committed to volunteering in the lunch room on Thursdays. I may get a little part time job this fall. But most importantly, I plan to be available to my kids- just like the last 8 plus years.

I dont even know if this post makes any sense. But, I wanted to write down my feelings during this transitioning phase of my life. Some day in my life I am going to want to look back at this time and wonder what was going through my mind.