Tuesday, August 30, 2016

let her fly

Anna has had her shares ups and downs with school. In her preschool days one week would be great and the next week she would cry during drop offs. So to say I was on pins and needles with her starting kindergarten would be an understatement. 

Boy, she has soared. She started her year wanting us by her until she lined up for school. Today I dropped them off and she gave me a kiss and a hug and ran away to go play on the playground. I stayed and watched her walk away and she kept turning to me as she was walking away with a big smile on her face. She was doing our little thing- pointing to her eye for "I," putting a heart around her hear for "love," and pointing to each other for "you." I watched her climb up on the playground equipment and away she went. 

I walked off the playground and I was overwhelmed with emotion. I am so proud of her. I really truly believe this new beginning is just what she needed to give her the confidence and independence to fly. It's time to let her fly.


My sweetie