Tuesday, April 5, 2016

kindergarten shots

We have been dreading kindergarten shots for a long time. A really long time. A few weeks ago I was talking to Anna about it and she wanted me to call and talk to the nurse and tell her how nervous she was and to schedule it, so I did just that. I told the receptionist that she was scared and the receptionist reassured us that a lot of kids coming in for their kindergarten shots are scared. 

So we had our appointment yesterday. She was a champ. She weighs 41 pounds (55%) and is 44 inches tall (65%). The only red flag she had during her exam was her eye exam. She couldn't read as much as they wanted her to so we do have a follow up appointment with an eye doc at the end of the month. Maybe it's nothing... but maybe she will have to get glasses! Ahhh. We will see. 

She was so brave for her shots. I laid above her and held her hands. She didn't even have one tear. Her eyes just got big when they gave her the shots. But when she was finished she was so proud of herself. 

She is going to be in kindergarten next year, whether I like it or not. 

Stop. Growing. Up.

I love her so much, all the way to the stars and rainbows. 

prekindergarten exam