Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Vail!

We spent the last week in Vail. We had so much fun together. I am positive these trips bring us so much closer together as a family. I never want it to end!

Jeff drove out a day early with all our stuff for skiing and outdoor activities. The kids and I flew out Tuesday afternoon. There ended up being a flight delay so that was a bummer. But they got the problem solved within a couple hours so we were back on the plane and on our way. 

The kids were scheduled for ski school on Wednesday and Friday which took the whole day. On Wednesday I had a chance to explore by myself as Jeff was skiing, too. By exploring, I mean shopping. I did get the opportunity to meet Jeff for lunch and an afternoon beer before picking up the kids. 

Thursday was kids choice day. Anna chose ice skating and Isaac chose bowling. It was really fun. We ended up skating twice- once in the afternoon and once in the evening under the lights. It was definitely pretty magical. We also hit up the candy store and they each got to pick out a toy for themselves and a couple dog toys for Rudy at a pet boutique. We were all pretty happy. 

Friday the kids went back to ski school and Jeff and I skied together. It is the best when we get to hang together. We skied all morning into the early afternoon. After lunch we skied a bit more before I pooped out and sent him out on his own before we got the kids. 

Saturday Isaac and Jeff skied all day and Anna and I had a girls day. Her most favorite thing, ever. We went to a kids activity place and the library. 

Sunday we hit the road and drove all the way home. It was an unforgettable Valentine's day...not! But we were happy to be home and sleep in our own beds. 

All in all it was a great trip. So many memories made. I can't wait go back!

my travel buddies

delays

more delays

Afternoon beers with this guy

gorgeous scenery

snuggles

Vail Fire Dept.. my love for the Bachelor.
Ryan Sutter from the Bachelorette works here.

skating!

skating!

family time

my favorite

help me, daddy!

night skating- magical

more beautiful scenery

thats my guy over there in the orange pants!

skiing together

couldn't stop taking in the scenery

happy to see daddy after ski school!

top of Vail mtn with the kids after skiing all day

my best accomplishments

love daddy

playing at the vet clinic

making pizza

painting dogs

happy girl at the library

hitting the slopes with Jeff

dudes

Jeff's best ski buddy