Monday, February 8, 2016

Sophia's Confirmation

So, 15 (almost 16) years ago when Sophia was born she changed my life. She truly changed my purpose in life. The minute I laid eyes on her my heart did something I didn't know was possible. I didn't know I could love someone like that. I was young, 20ish- so the only important things in my life then were friends, college, socializing, the bar scene, etc.

Then she came along. I found myself finding every reason to be with her. The older she got, the more fun we had. When she was old enough and ready she began weekly sleepovers with me, "Mondays at Maggies." We would do anything she wanted. I always wanted it to be special for her. I just loved her so much.

Jeff and I met and life moved fast and Sophia started school, but we always had a special bond. No matter how old she gets she always takes the time to give me a hug when I see her and fill me in on her life. She always tells me she loves me when we part ways. She is incredible.

Now the bond is even better because I see a special bond she is creating with my kids. They love her so much. It seriously makes my heart so happy.

When Sophia asked me to be her sponsor for Confirmation I didn't hesitate to say yes. I was truly honored.

I look forward to being there for her and lending an ear when she needs to chat about growing up stuff. I know she trusts me and I will always be one of her biggest cheerleaders.


Sophia. Bishop Swain. Me.

My sweet Sophia

in awe
They wanted a picture, too.