Monday, February 8, 2016

5 against 1

Last week I was chatting with Suzie and she mentioned that her sitter had to cancel that evening because something came up. She and Dave wanted to run to get a bite to eat and run a quick errand. Knowing in the back of my mind that Jeff was going to be working until late I offered to watch them so they could still have their evening out. I know how important it is for her to have these nights as these 3 little kids are keeping her very busy. 

I am also very well aware that before Suzie had kids (and even when Sully was very little) she helped out with my kids more than her fare share. I am slowly paying her back.

She dropped them off before 5 and it was pretty much chaos for about the first 15 minutes. Then everything fell into place. 

When it got crazy we transitioned- bath time for Sully, Anna and GG. This is always a great way to keep them occupied for a bigger chunk of time. While I helped with baths Isaac took care of Piper. He is the best helper. He just gets it. Steps in when he needs to and knows when to let me take over. 

We had fun! 

GG. Isaac. Anna. Piper. Sully

Isaac and Piper.