Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Grandma and Grandpa's backyard

After the funeral on Saturday I stuck around with my mom and dad to help around the house with food and entertainment of the out of town guests. Several of my cousins and aunts and uncles and friends came by and we spent hours going thru old photo albums and the house itself. Their home has so many of my child hood memories. I remember begging to move to Mitchell when I was a kid. 

Another place that has so many memories is their backyard. Swinging from the willow trees, playing by the train tracks. I decided to walk back there on Saturday as it could be my last opportunity as they will be cleaning out and selling the house in the coming months. It was a gorgeous afternoon. It was an emotional experience for me. I took a couple photos to keep with me forever to hold those memories close to my heart for the years to come. I just have to remember the memories will be with me forever even though the house will become a home to someone else. 

Swinging from the willow branches

railroad in their backyard

giant willow trees