Tuesday, August 18, 2015

School Open House

It's hard to believe the kids start school in 2 short days. Isaac is going into 1st grade and Anna is going into jumpstart (prekindergarten). I cannot even believe it. I was talking to Jeff a couple of weeks ago and commenting how looking back over the last 7 years the time flew by. But I remember 5 years ago it felt like school days seemed forever away. Here we are now, Isaac is in school full days and Anna will go everyday in the mornings. 

I am excited to have my mornings to myself. I have also already reached out to help in school, which is something I have been looking forward to since Isaac started preschool 4 years ago. 

Tonight right before we walked into Isaac's classroom I got a big lump in my throat. Emotions running through me I didn't even know I had. He is excited to see his friends but not quite ready for school to start. Tonight before he went to bed he told me he doesn't want to be away from me all day. Ok buddy, you melt my heart. 

Anna, oh Anna. We walked to in to meet her teacher and she got very quiet and shy. Her teacher got right down to her level and asked her about summer and then Anna had so much to tell her. Anna is excited and a little scared. She is excited to meet new friends and to do school work, she is sad that she will miss me. 

I'm excited to see what this year brings. 


Isaac with his teacher

Anna with her teacher