Friday, April 17, 2015

just the girls

Last weekend Anna and I headed to Minneapolis for a girls weekend. Honestly, going into the weekend I wasn't overly excited- expecting it to be a lot of work. Boy, was I wrong. 

The hardest part of the weekend was the drive there- her asking me every 10 minutes, "how much longer?" But once we got there and got settled into our room it was fine. We walked to the mall and shopped a bit. We ended up at Nordstrom's shoes and Anna had to have high heels- who's daughter is this? We headed back to the hotel to sleep and falling asleep was the second hardest part of our trip- she didn't want to go to bed. She was having too much on our 'girls only' weekend. 

Sunday morning she slept and slept. I had to wake her up close to 9 so we could get moving. We had a noon lunch date at the American Girl Doll Bistro. I wanted to get there early so we could get her dolls hair done at the AG Doll Hair Salon. We got moving and got to the mall in plenty of time and spent plenty of time at the AG store. Anna loved the Bistro and loved having the time with her dolls. It was really sweet and fun. We can't wait to take the boys there, next time. 

After the AG store we went on rides. I got so sick on the rides Anna ended up going alone for most of them. She was totally ok with that and had the system all figured out. 

After the rides she got her face painted and then we headed back to the hotel to get ready for our big night- front row seats for Frozen on Ice- all thanks to daddy. She got her Anna dress on and her jewelry, tiara and boots. She was ready and excited. It was so much fun. The show was great and our seats were even better. We were just a few feet from the ice and the characters would wave right at us. It was a truly special evening with my sweet girl. I'll never forget it. 

Anna fell asleep crying on Sunday night that she didn't want to go home the next day. She was crying, "I want to stay for 5 more days." 

She slept in on Monday morning, again. We took our time and didn't get home until 7 on Monday evening. 

It was totally fun and doable. I honestly can't wait to take her again. She is so much fun and so easy going (most of the time). There was times where I was missing an extra adult- like moving into and out of the hotel room. We had to take 3 trips because she didn't carry anything. She can't wait to go again, with just us. I am certain she was loving every second of the one on one time. 

Thanks for the fun weekend, sweet Anna


Arriving at Nick Universe

So big and brave with Dora and Diego
(last time we were here she was too scared to go near them alone)

AG Bistro with Molly and Isabella

selfie at lunch

Rides!

Dalmatian face painting

Ready for Frozen!

Tiara.Necklace.Earrings.

Me and my girl

front row!