Sunday, March 1, 2015

church reading

Last week we got a note home from school saying Isaac was chosen to help with the church petitions the following week when the kindergarteners were in charge of mass. His teacher sent his reading home and asked that he practice it throughout the week so he would be ready. He brought it home and had it memorized within a couple of days.

On the day of church my mom and I went to watch. He was very excited about this job. He did so great. My mom and I were waiting for him to come through the hallway after mass to say hi and give him a high five he was beaming- ear to ear. So proud. What a sweet moment in my day. 

I don't dare tell him I was deathly afraid to speak in front of a crowd. For now we are going to embrace the excitement of it through the eyes of a 6 year old!