Saturday, November 1, 2014

our crazy halloween!

I didn't sleep very well on the eve of halloween. I woke up feeling like a terrible mother since I totally spaced off pumpkin carving- jeez. I knew I was going to be crazy busy on Friday with Anna's school party in the morning and Isaac's in the afternoon and I didn't know how we would find the time to carve a dang pumpkin. 

So Halloween morning after the kids went to school I got myself ready and left for Anna's party a little early to check the pumpkin carving kits at Target. I found a couple goodies and was off to her school party. 

She was the cutest little bumble bee. Very pleasant and happy girl at school. She would come over to me to say hi and to see what I was doing, besides that she just played at the different stations. She is the very youngest in the class so I do feel proud of how well she is doing. 

After Anna's class party we went home and I got started on Isaac's pumpkin because I knew he not only wanted to carve if but wanted to get the seeds and guts out. So I cut off the top and pulled a few seeds out so it was ready for him. Then I showed Anna what I got her for her pumpkin- Mr Potato Head stuff- boy this was a hit! She thought it was the best thing since chocolate milk!

I dropped Anna off at Jeff's work and went back to school for Isaac's party. It was so fun being in his room. Ugh, talk about a great group of kids! We were very busy the whole time. I hardly even had time to take his picture but I got one of him and his buddy, Rylan. Later I asked Isaac what his favorite part of the party was and he said, "my favorite part of the party was having you there." I seriously got immediate tears in my eyes. I can't even explain how much I love this kid. 

We came home from school and carved the pumpkin and got ready to go to my brothers to eat dinner and then go trick or treating. It was cold out- super cold. The kids did great- Anna and I came home early to warm up and hand out treats and Isaac and Jeff followed shortly after. 

It was a busy, wonderful day. 

school party- craft

school party- wrapped like a mummy

Anna's class

Isaac and his buddy, Rylan

carving the pumpkin

Our pumpkins

heading out!

trick or treating

Capri.Isaac.Anna

All done and ready for bed in their bones pajamas.