Saturday, November 15, 2014

date night- garth brooks style

2 years ago this weekend Jeff and I were supposed to be in Las Vegas for a Garth Brooks concert- it didn't happen as my grandma passed away and we had to cancel the trip. Fast forward to about a month ago when Garth Brooks announced he was going be in Minneapolis. I got a glimmer of excitement but it quickly faded as life has been so crazy lately. The thought of getting out of town for a night didn't seem possible. 

Then Jeff gets a wild hair as he sometimes does and told me he got 2 tickets to the show! My mind started racing, trying to find a sitter and working out details in my head. I couldn't sleep thinking about how hard it was going to be to pull it off. 

I found 2 sitters to split the overnight job. Jeff and I left on Friday afternoon and got ready for our evening. We went to dinner and then had dessert and drinks near the venue. The concert didn't start until 11 and lasted until about 2am. When Garth came on stage I was filled with emotion. I was remembering how bummed I was that we had to cancel our last trip and so happy to be there and to share the moment with Jeff. 

It is so crazy how life has such a way of always working itself out. 

Thank you, Jeff. Thank you for keeping life so fun. Thanks for being my best friend. Thank for wanting to hang with me so much. I am seriously the luckiest girl in the world. We have so much fun together. 

date night with the
BEST HUSBAND EVER