Monday, October 27, 2014

fall in St Louis

I stepped out of my own world for the weekend in flew into another world. My girlfriend lost her husband about a year ago very tragically in a car accident. She was pregnant with her 3rd child at the time of the accident. Suzie has made several trips to be with her and I have been wanting to go with Suzie but our schedules never matched up, so I went alone.

As soon as they picked me up from the airport I felt like I slid into a position to help with her kids and to just hang out and have a girls weekend. The weather was gorgeous- so we spent most of the weekend outside playing with neighbor kids. On Sunday there was an annual run in her community- a firehouse run. We ran/walked (as well as we could with 3 little kids) and about 20 people in her neighborhood ran as well and we all had headbands on in honor of her husband, Team Dave. What an emotional experience.

I am in awe with her. She is amazing- an amazing mom, showing so much patience and love for her sweet kiddos. The year she has had is unimaginable. She is the definition of strength.

I want to go back, again and again.

fall in St Louis