Monday, July 21, 2014

valley fair and a twins game

Jeff and I have been wanting to take the kids to a Twins game now that they are getting a little older. We headed to the cities on Friday to hit Valley Fair on the way. We arrived around 3pm and got started- no stroller- first trip without a stroller in over 6 years. 

We got on the ferris wheel and Jeff sat next to Isaac and I sat next to Anna. Isaac didn't look so good. Jeff felt him and he felt warm, crap. I didn't bring any children's drugs, how could I forget that- ha like I was planning on any of this in my trip prep. After the ferris wheel we went to the ball room and I tried to make a plan in my head while the kids were playing- Isaac seemed to be having fun. When we left the ball room we went to the rides and Isaac was not interested. This is when I knew either we take care of the problem or we are going to have a sick and sad kiddo on our hands. Jeff and Anna stayed and did rides and I took Isaac to the first aid tent. The officer working said they didn't heave any children's medicine but that I could walk down to the general store. Before we went that way I had him take his temp and sure enough it was 102 degrees. Poor kid. We walked about 10 minutes down to the general store and they only had adult pain relief- not an option. So I called Jeff and told him we were going to have to leave the park to find something and we would be back when we could. We walked across the park to the front gate and I asked someone if anyone had children's medication at the park and he told me to go to another general store. So we walked over there and they said no but gave me 2 more options. I then asked them to call the other 2 options because I was not going to make my poor sick kiddo walk all over the park with no luck. Finally, one place had some! One place in the whole park with most of its population being kids had kids medicine. I don't get it. We were happy to buy the $15 small bottle of advil for my sick kid. We sat on the step and let it kick in and then went to meet Anna and Jeff at the ice cream stop. The rest of  the afternoon was fun, bumper cars, character drawings and more time in the ball room. Jeff even went on a couple roller coasters. 

We went to the hotel to get settled- our new favorite hotel is the Embassy Suites. The kids get their own room and we get our own room and they love running races around the big circle. We time them and its great. 

Saturday morning we were up and off to the Mall of America. We did some shopping and Anna got to experience the American Girl store and she picked out her own doll. She was happy. After lunch Jeff took the kids to see the Ninja Turtles - always a favorite for Isaac and I got to do some of my own shopping. Then we went back to the hotel to get changed and headed back to the mall to catch the light rail. 

The game was really fun! We had hot dogs, pretzels, ice cream, peanuts, etc. The kids got their faces painted and Isaac was hoping to catch a foul ball. It was busy but we had fun. 

Sunday morning we met Isaac's old school friend who moved to Minneapolis from Sioux Falls. He asked me to call her mom once he found out she lived there for sure. So we met for lunch on Sunday and the kids were so happy to see each other. 

We had a great weekend. Love my family!

ball room

character drawing

family selfie

ball fight between anna/jeff and isaac

hotel races
american girl doll success

baseball game


face painting

waiting for the foul ball!