Sunday, January 12, 2014

Rest in Peace, Sue

5 short weeks after Linda's mom died Jeff got a call on New Years Day saying his aunt, Linda's sister and best friend had taken a turn for the worse and wasn't going to make it through the night. She had been fighting cancer for quite sometime and her body just couldn't keep up. She didn't make it through the night and we had a text from Linda around midnight saying she passed. 

It is just so terribly sad. I am so sad for Linda. She and Sue had a relationship similar to my Suzie and me. Talk all the time, know everything about each other and are the best of friends. I know she will find a new normal, but it is just so hard. 

Her funeral was sad. I think we all cried from the minute we sat down until the very end. Linda did the eulogy and did such a wonderful job. Then when Linda sat back down after the eulogy she put her head on John's shoulder and cried and it broke my heart again. 

At the reception they had a Diet Mountain Dew tower since that was Sue's drink. Our table- Jeff, John, Linda, Joe, Kristy, Scott and myself did a cheers to Sue and took a swig of diet dew. 

We will miss Sue. I am here for you, Linda. I love you. 

cold day for a funeral

diet dew tower

cheers to sue