Tuesday, July 16, 2013

little country fun

We were asked by some friends to go on this bus trip from the lake to the Zac Brown Band and Kenny Chesney concert in the cities several months ago. We had other things going on so we declined. The other things fell through and after a couple of drinks a couple of weeks ago our friend, Tommy asked us again if we wanted to go. He said they still had room on the bus and possible tickets. My wheels started turning trying to figure out if this could work. We had to figure out child care and some other logistics. I kind of put it all in Jeff's hands (since he and Tommy are really good friends and work together) to see if we could pull it off. Things started lining up and the next thing I know we are going! 

We left the lake at noon on a super nice bus and we arrived in the cities around 4. The concert was at 6 and we had a blast! We didn't know all the songs as we hadn't had much time to prepare. But Kenny played some old school stuff that I knew from back in the day. 

We got right back on the bus after the concert and came home- home around 3am. I was not in the best shape on Saturday but it sure felt good to be at the lake. 

I love how things like that work out. Jeff and I sure do have fun together! Fun with friends, too!

most of the group

Cheers!