Tuesday, March 12, 2013

pee pee in the potty!

I have not been very proactive when it comes to potty training Anna. I think I learned with Isaac that potty training comes when they are ready, not when I am ready. She has been showing some signs that she is getting ready. But, whenever I initiate something she always wants her diaper on so I kind of let it go. This morning I took off her diaper and instead of putting on her diaper I put her pajamas back on. She went all morning without going. I would ask her every half hour or so and would try to put her on the potty and nothing happened. Close to noon I noticed she seemed to have to go so I brought her in there with her iPad and let her sit for a few minutes. I went in to check on her and she went potty! We were so excited.

I put her diaper on for her nap and after her nap I took it back off and she pooped in her pants a few minutes later and peed after that.... baby steps! I plan to work on this from here on out. Maybe she will be out of diapers by the summer! That would be wonderful.

Way to go, Anna!