Sunday, July 8, 2012

7.4.12

We spent an extra long weekend at the lake for the 4th. We spent so much time down by the water and on the boat. Both the kids enjoyed swimming and boating. Anna loves to jump (sit on her bum bum and sneak) in the water. Isaac was getting more and more brave and can jump off the dock passed the ladder. His favorite is getting off the boat about 50 feet away from the dock and swimming in- with me of course. John and Linda had a volleyball game set up for the 4th with some friends and about 50 people showed up! Lots of kids and adults. We had a great time. We went out on the boat to watch the fireworks as we do every year. I love doing this! My favorite night of the year. 

I love that my kiddos get to grow up spending so much time at the lake. During this summer I have just been so thankful. Mostly to John and Linda because they give us this opportunity and welcome the kids and us. Isaac knows the ropes to the lake and I just think the memories we are creating are so awesome. 

The highlight of my weekend was watching Isaac and Jeff catch fireflies. It was late one night and they were out everywhere. Isaac was so excited to catch them and he had to have them sleep in his room with him that night. Anna was right there with them. She wants to do everything Isaac is doing. 

Kids and Grandpa watching Jeff shoot fireworks off

heading over to watch the fireworks on the boat

boom!



Anna driving.

Jeff and the kids getting their feet wet and cooling off. It was so hot!

me in my favorite spot. on the raft relaxing.