Saturday, June 2, 2012

Meet Sullivan

My sister, Suzie had her baby!

All was calm and quiet on Wednesday evening. I was going to sleep extra early because Jeff was leaving town early on Thursday so I wanted to get plenty of sleep since I was going to be solo parenting the next 4 days. 2:30am Thursday morning my phone rings... it's Suzie and she was calling to tell me her water broke! My first thought was- "crap". This is the worst timing as Jeff has to leave the house in 3 hours to catch his flight. My next thought was, "there is nothing we can do about it now, it is what it is".

I got out of bed and got some clothes on and went to check on her. I got to the hospital early and came home about 15 minutes later as I was informed it was going to be a long day. I got myself back to sleep and woke to a text from Suzie at 6:30am. My mom came over at about 7:30 and I was up with Suzie by 8am. It was a long day for Suzie. The little guy was born at 5:58pm on Thursday, May 31st.

It was one of the craziest experiences of my life seeing Suzie deliver Sullivan. Suzie was in on both of my babies being delivered but I had no clue what was all going on. Watching Suzie push so hard and the head come down closer each time. I didn't know when or if he would ever show up. It seems like it takes forever! But each time she pushed we saw more and more of his little head with lots of hair. After about an hour and a half of intense pushing- out he came. It's a boy! Everyone was so excited. Lots and lots of tears of excitement and joy.

I am so excited for Suzie and Dave! I can't wait to watch this little guy grow up.

Sullivan Paul Munce
Sully and me shortly after he was born