Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

Wow- what a busy weekend filled with family, friends and lots of activities! We are so lucky.

First, Saturday morning we attended the annual Avera Breast Cancer Race. This is my 4th year in a row and every year it gets bigger and bigger. This year there were over 6,400 people! Amazing. Dave ran the 10k. Jeff ran the 5k and several of us walked the family fun 1.5 mile walk. 

Saturday afternoon Isaac had soccer and then we were invited to a pool party at the neighbors house. We came home Saturday evening and had some friends over to grill out and have a fire pit. 

Today, Mother's Day- We started the day off by going to see Jeff's grandma. Then we went to my mom's and had brunch with my family. Jeff and I came home with Anna so she could nap. Isaac went with my dad, Owen and Cappy to catch frogs and to golf. While Anna napped we planted my pots. Then we went to Sophia's soccer game. 

Tonight after we had dinner Jeff had to run to do a work thing. Isaac wanted to have dessert with me. He picked the hostess cupcake and had me cut it in half for us to split dessert. Sweet little boy. 

It was a good weekend. Busy and good. Happy Mother's Day!

Racers
My Family at the race


Dave and Jeff after the Race

Suzie and Dave after the race.
 She is 36 weeks pregnant here!
The walkers.
Sonia-Anna-Isaac-Me-Suzie-Mom-Lauren
Pool Party
Me and my loves on Mother's Day.

Mother's Day dessert.